Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Passing of A Great Friend

I hate posting news such as this, but, a great friend of mine, Janette Mulholland has passed away.

I met Janette, late in 2007, she was the President of The Leamington Agricultural Society, and when I decieded to move HAIR DARE DUKES WEEKEND, to the town of Leamington.

We spoke on the phone a few times, and finally met up for lunch at a local place in Leamington.

Janette was such a nice person, right from the start, she really liked my ideas, and she asked me if I would like to become Director for the society.
Well, I joined, and now I 'm on the Board of Directors for the Leamington Fair.

I have had our Canadian Dukes Museum, and a few of our Hazzard cars at the fair, June 2008, and again in June 2009.

The Leamington Fair, June 2009, was in my eyes a great weekend, for the family.
Janette, even though she was extremmely busy during the weekend, she came over to our display. I was able to get a few great photos of Janette, and the girls.

Photo above : Back Row : Janette, and my daughter Sophia
Front Row : Elizabeth ( my niece ), Jessi Lee ( My daughter ),
Victoria ( my niece ), and Sarah ( my daughter )

I still do not believe we have lost such a great person, even though I attended the funeral, she was a very outstanding person in my life.

She will be greatly missed by everyone that knew her.


Here is what was in the newspaper.







MULHOLLAND, Janette 61 years, passed away peacefully after a brief illness with her loving family by her side on Monday, December 7, 2009 at Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital. Beloved wife and best friend of Reg Mulholland for 32 years. Loving and devoted mother of Guy Mulholland. Dearest daughter of Gloria Reaume and late fat...her Camile. Dear sister of Theresa Hottot (Pat), Rosaire Reaume (Melody), Jane Elliott (Will) and Roger Reaume. Dear sister-in-law of Sam Mulholland (the late Mary), Doug Mulholland (Ethel), Linda Schroeder (Art). Always missed but never forgotten by her numerous nieces and nephews. Along with her husband Reg, Janette owned a race horse, "St. Lad's Moxie." Janette was President of the Leamington District Agricultural Society, Past President of the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies, a member of the Erie Shores Quilters Guild, retired Teacher from the Lambton Kent Catholic School Board. Janette was a avid sewer and taught sewing lessons to many young and old students. Janette was instrumental in the return of Harness Racing at the Leamington Fair. Visiting at the Reid Funeral Home, 14 Russell Street, Leamington (519-326-2631) Thursday from 2-5 and 7-9 p.m. Funeral Service to celebrate Janette's life will be held from the funeral home on Friday, December 11, 2009 at 11 a.m. www.reidfuneralhome.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home